Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Guidance

Alhamdulillah.
The blessed month of Ramadhan is here again.
Couldn't be more excited and happy to welcome it with open arms.
And Alhamdulillah, this year's Ramadhan coincides with the school holidays,
so pretty much spent the days at home. 
4 days left to enjoy the holidays before its back to work though.

In this blessed months, I was reminded of my journey in donning the hijab.
Some would call it 'Hijrah'.
Before donning the hijab, the idea of it had been lingering for over a year.
But it was back in 2013 when I finally told myself and found the courage to make the change.

Courage.
Yes, you really need courage in these matters.
But more than that, I was nervous and afraid.
Afraid of what others would say and how people will perceive me.
Afraid that I will regret the decision.
Afraid that I am not able to uphold the identity of someone donning a hijab.
Oh yes, it was a huge responsibility in our part for that.
It is not just a matter of mere covering of the hair.
But it is also in how you bring yourself.

Alhamdulillah, with His guidance, 
I found peace in wearing the hijab and have not regretted my decision since. 
I believe that changing and doing things with the intention of Allah (swt) is sweet.

So if you have been thinking of doing something for a long time,
seek His help and refuge. And realign your intention. Insyallah, with His blessings,
things will change for the better. Do not give up, Du'a is a powerful tool.

I could never be any more grateful to Him
for giving me the chance to taste His sweet mercy.

And I truly believe in this,

'Allah (swt) ada, Allah (swt) akan jaga.'

which in lose translation means,

'Put your trust in Allah (swt), He will take care of you'.

May He ease your affairs and keep you under His shade.
Insyallah, aamin.

Ramadhan Mubarak

Yours Truly,
HASYiMAH

No comments: