Sunday, July 05, 2015

If You

As I laid in bed today, I can't help but marvel at the speed of time. 
Unknowingly, it is July and the month of Ramadhan is halfway through.
I guess I am just too pre-occupied and Alhamdulillah to that.

Trip up to Ipoh and Gopeng during the holidays would be one I will never forget. Well, all the trips are significant enough for me to remember them in this lifetime. Just that this time round, it was a little more personal. It was something that I have been wanting to do and it was almost called off had I not persuaded the cousin to come along. I discovered my love for adventure back in the poly days. Then, I was active going for expeditions and seeking new adventure in every possible way. And sadly, that was that. Until, a few weeks ago. White water rafting, waterfall abseiling, tubing and caving. It was a new experience and it was so good that I had major withdrawal symptom back home. What an adventure! Met different kinds of people and made new friends as well as discovering that indeed just being surrounded with nature is a blessing itself. It will never be a trip if not for a few hiccups, such as, booking the wrong date for the train! But thankfully, they were very very understanding and we found the other alternative rather quickly.

I am glad that my June holidays were made into full use. Spent some me time as well as spared some time to reconnect with people. And one of them was Ms Lim. Sufi had wanted to meet her before he flies off and we were glad that she finally agreed to meet. Conversations flowed through and it felt just like before. Updated her on the classmates from the reliable FB as the source hahah. It felt nice and warm honestly. Reminiscing about the old times and talking about life as it is. I guess after all the things you went through after leaving the nest, it kinda humbles you and bring you back to the root as you reflect and talked about the good old times. Thank you Ms Lim for the meet up, appreciate it. Just what I needed. 

I have and always will be grateful to the Almighty for allowing such wonderful people to come into my life. No matter they stay or not. But I am blessed no less, to have such beautiful friendship with the friends I knew since 13 or even younger. Just a week before, the usuals sent the pakcik off for his new journey. Knew him before we even became classmates and how it all started was really something epic and lets just say it was not a great first impression. Hahah. But unbeknownst, a few years down the road we would be friends that can rely on each other no matter what.  Alhamdulillah.

And so it was the annual iftar with the Teh-O yesterday and it was great to see the guys and catch up with them. Always great fun watching their same old antics and it kinda make you feel 17 all over again. Hahah. But of course, as we grow our conversations mature too. Can't wait for the Raya outing and hopefully, this time round, more would join.

Its beautiful how we are still in each other's lives after all these years. 
May we create many more beautiful memories together. 
Insyallah.

Well, this has been a lengthy post and I shall stop here for today. 

Ramadhan Kareem.

May peace be upon you and may He ease your affairs. 

Amin.

Yours Truly,
HASYiMAH

No comments: